Monday, August 17, 2009

Acceptance...It Really Is Okay

My name is Kellen Anthony Daranda. I am a 26 year old licensed attorney in the State of Texas. I am originally from New Orleans, Louisiana, and a graduate of Southern University. I am the father of an amazing 3 year old by the name of Kaiden Michael Daranda, and I am gainfully employed in this ridiculous economy. To some, that may be enough to shake a stick at, but to me, it really isn't THAT great...

Throughout my life I have maintained a life that was centered around nothing ever really being enough for me. I am my own biggest critic, and this is something that I am attempting to stop. Starting today, August 17, 2009, I will be a new man, a man that is acceptant of what I don't like about my life, and not willing to live a certain way because others tell me I should.

First of all, I am 26 and single. I think I want to be married because my upbringing tells me so. My parents were celebrating 2 years of marriage when they reached my age, so I think I should be there, but the fact that I'm not even close boggles me. However, that is okay. The fact is, I don't really know what it is that I want, not from life, not from my career, not even from a mate. But you know what, that is okay, I'll figure it out.

Secondly, my son's mother irks me saily about money, and how I am a piss poor father, because I don't call everyday, and don't have money to give. I need to let go of my shortcomings and focus more on my son. Which I plan to do from here on out. So what that I'm not making the money that I envisioned, it's okay.

I'm not living like feather in the wind, I know where I want to go, but I can only get there under the right forces. If I don't where I envision, that's okay, I'm a pretty decent person, if I do say so myself!

No comments: