Sunday, May 31, 2009

Boy Meets Girl...Boy Gets Girl...Boy Loses Girl...

PLEASE PRESS PLAY TO GET THE FULL EFFECT



Okay let's be honest for a frank second, I am a hopeless romantic. From holding hands, to (classy) PDAs, all the way up to nights spent in close quarters absent any sexual tension just talking about random events, I LOVE LOVE. But for some unknown reason, love doesn't really feel the same about me. Perhaps it's due to the fact that the mistakes of my youth are catching up to me, and God feels as though I need to learn pain before I can actually experience true love, or maybe because I'm just too damn selfish and unconforming to what love actually requires to have it work for me. I mean I have mastered the art of "the chase," and have realized what it takes to get a woman on my team, but love seems to always fall into the trap of the title of this posting.

Kellen meets girl, Kellen gets to know girl, Kellen becomes intimate with girl, Kellen believes girl will become a fixture in his life, Kellen does the same things he did when he met girl, Kellen loses girl, but girl still wants to be intimate.


I guess maybe I'm just not boyfriend material, however, I feel as though if I change, I would be cheating the woman out of all that is me and changing for her. Now I don't think that changing is wrong within a relationship, but I do know that if you sacrifice the person you are for the person your mate wants you to be both of you will eventually wind up unhappy. That is why I've never been one to play with "fixer-uppers" as it comes to a mate because if you were to encounter someone who catches your eye but isn't quite what you hope them to be when you get to know them you're not feeling that person, you are feeling the person you want them to be. I've discussed and posted blogs about my feelings in regards to love but I think I got it, but in the end, love doesn't love me.

I found myself involved with a woman who was a master of surprises of sorts, demanding things of me that she was unwilling to reciprocate, and i broke my cardinal rule, I didn't have a back-up plan. So now I'm back on the prowl, trying to find what I need in a woman to be happy, wish me luck

No comments: