Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Look What U Did!

Now that the initial shock has died down, and I've sobered up (lol), I can finally retire away to my sanctuary and post an "I'm proud of myself" blog. From my last post, you all can see that doubt had been creeping up on me, but I think I managed to put it away. The funny part is that the first time I took the bar, I had nightmares about failing, and people knowing before I did, well, let me tell you how dream echoes reality...

THURSDAY, APRIL 30, 2009 approximately 3-something PM: I am in the midst of doing something that catered to my creative side, and I'm focused, like really focused. I was drawing, something that I enjoy doing but I don't do that frequently, I guess I do it when I feel like it, kinda like my blog, lol. Well anyways, I get a phone call from my homeboy, Earl, in which he responds to my "hello," by screaming "LET'S GET THIS MONEY." Well my initial response is, "what money?" To which he follows up with "LET'S GET THIS MONEY, COUNSELOR!!!" Now, Earl and I have been friends for about 10 years or so, and he and I have pretty much been pillars for each other to lean on through the stresses of our legal curriculum, so I thought he was trying to hit me with some inspirational words while I was waiting on my scores. But he had seen the pass list before I did, and my dude was calling me to wish me well and be the first one to hit me up with a congrats. And when he finally explains to me that I had passed the bar and I am in a fury in trying to load up the Texas Board of Law Examiners website to see my name on the list for myself, I get congratulatory text messages coming through on my phone and realized that it was true; I HAD PASSED THE BAR! After talking to Earl later that night, we both laughed at on a day when most people were overly nervous, I was almost "zen-like."I don't know if I was content that it was God's will, that I always produce when it's on the line, or something else, but I passed and wasn't really concerned about it. But Texas, you have unleashed Kellen A. Daranda, Esq., LOOK WHAT THE EFF U DID!

No comments: