Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Welcome to Our World...Karma is a Bitch!

Although this blog is kinda sorta copied from a note i wrote on facebook, its still applicable today...

"WHAT'S THAT, YOU SAY?
YOU'RE TIRED OF KATRINA-RELATED NEWS COVERAGE?
WELL GUESS WHAT
WE'RE TIRED OF FUCKING LIVING THROUGH IT
SO FOR YOU, YOU WITH YOUR OPTION TO CHANGE THE CHANNEL
DO THAT
BECAUSE FOR MANY OF US
IT'S NOT THAT FUCKING SIMPLE......"

And with that I move on to my Houstonians, the people with whom I am to share a place of residency for the time being or at least until I can find that six-figure paying job in Dallas, my favorite city in Texas. Its funny how three years ago Houstonians were dealing with another storm, except that time Bill White was the good mayor who came to the aid of the poor, helpless, and stupid New Orleans residents who lost everything. I heard so many people ask me "why didn't those people leave;" to which I responded, that part of it was ignorance, the rest, pride. And then 3 years later Texans who were encountered with Hurricane Ike and issued the same evacuation warnings that New Orleanians recieved for Katrina elected not to leave and look at what happened.

So, Mayor White, let's talk turkey. Okay so after Katrina you allowed the people who were stuck in the Superdome to come to Houston and gave them the Astrodome, awww, you're the savior of the city of New Orleans, but I really believe that you had your own agenda in doing so. If not, you would have told the New Orleans residents you were coming to get them BEFORE the storm. Im pretty sure Bush gave you some type of benefits for agreeing to take the downrodden into your "great" city. The same city of peace and love that apparently never had any crime before the "refugees" came to Houston, where people on the "Nawfside," 3rd Ward, Acres Homes, and Hiram Clarke, etc. could sleep with their doors unlocked. A sanctity that was destroyed by the New Orleans people. Yeah Mayor White, I remember your press conference when you announced that it was time for the New Orleans people to go home, I remember how your children said that we were all too lazy to get back on our feet because we were so dependent upon FEMA. And now Houston, you too know what it feels like to be in a home with no power, no running water, and to even be subject to a curfew in your own city. Welcome to our world, Karma is a bitch aint it?

So am I wrong because outside of my friends and people who were sympathetic to the plight of New Orleans evacuees, I don't feel sorry for folks in Houston? Sometimes fucked up things happen to good people, however, I guess this is one of those instances where the good indeed have to suffer for the bad...I guess next time you'll think before you speak.

3 comments:

Cluttered Mind said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cluttered Mind said...

I said the same thing. Living in New Orleans for four years I absorbed the culture and fell in love. I felt sorry for the people and all that they had to endure. You can ask all my friends I said the great city of Houston would feel the hate and wrath they placed on the people from New Orleans.

Law_Fal said...

Mr. Daranda..your profoundness and depth never ceases to amaze me...I just wish everyone else saw that on the inside and despite the double smiley faces you carry around that your mind is a well-oiled machine. As a native Houstonian, and current hurricane "refugee" I truly know how it is to suffer and question why we did not leave..I don't think in our situation it was ignorance or pride..it was just that we had no way, no where to go, nor did we feel that the Northside of Houston, Texas could surely feel the wrath of a hurricane that was to hit a town an hour away.(What some fail to realize is that I don't portray my situation..many don't know that I live in Acres Homes or have older parents, whom I wouldn't leave behind in any circumstance..so for me to evacuate would have been impossible.)I can't speak for the rest of my beloved city, but I showed nothing but sympathy and now I can truly empathize with what the citizens of New Orleans suffered. I've had a lot of New Orleans in me..I mean I have a lot of love for New Orleans in me;)so I never was one of those who felt they were getting punished for transgressions and whatnot...but I do not think that you should give grace to karma. No one, regardless of the situation deserves to live through disasters such as these. By taking that attitude you are doing nothing but blocking your own blessings...Don't forget Karma is one strong biotch and the pure ounce of joy you see in this cloud could tarnish your silver lining. Just hope that those who said negative things learn their lesson..don't take the "thats what you get" attitude. You are bigger than that.... :) P.S. CLEARLY I hope you were being sarcastic about the sleeping with your doors unlocked in Acres Homes...PLEASE!!! You know my daddy deadbolt our asses in everynight, lol!! (Damn my comment long enough to be a blog..sorry!)