Monday, September 21, 2009

The Pelican State of Mine...



For those of yall who say that Jay-Z is a walking dinosaur who has no status or grounds to talk about what is relevant in Hip Hop today, I really encourage you to give Blueprint 3 another listen. I know I may be speaking too early or moreso from a personal standpoint, but the track Empire State of Mind is definitely a classic in my opinion. The funny part is that I find the song inspiring although I'm not from New York and haven't been there in years. Which got me to thinking, in my course of trying to make New Orleans the worldwide centerpiece that I believe it should be (DARANDA FOR MAYOR...koming soon), if I were to capture New Orleans in a song, who would I put on it? I know Wayne is probably the obvious choice, but I dunno how well Mr. Carter would promote the message I'd try to give. I mean I'd want this track to be on some legendary shit, kinda like Jay and Alicia did. Hmmmm...I think I'll have this settled by the time I kome up with a campaign, but I have a more pressing blog that I need to write...

No comments: